Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Day 1 Flying out of SFO to Narita (Tokyo)


Our airport experience: I was looking forward to using our 2 passes to the United Business Lounges,  for  paying the annual fee for our Chase/United credit card.  We had enjoyed our visits to the British Air lounge at SFP in years past, but United was inferior by a mile.  It was crowded, and the food choices were very limited.   If we were drinkers, the bar would have made up for some of the limitations.

I dreaded the long plane ride in economy class from SFO to Tokyo, but was hoping that ANA would be ok.  I was pleasantly surprise that the seats allowed plenty of space for my knees, and to make it even bette3r, I moved to a row of 3 empty seats so I could lie down across them. Our lunch was very good: the entre was shrimp tempura with eggplant and fluffy Japanese rice, some veggies, soba noodles, tomago (egg), and smoked salmon.






No comments:

Post a Comment