Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Nov 21 Cold & Rainy but wonderful Paris

We have assortmentassortment ofseveral friemoonds who have been to Paris in December and said it was great, however we weren't so sure. We can verify that if you bring the proper clothes, it is a great time to see this wonderful city, without the crowds. Today it was in the low forties with rain off and on, & frequently windy, but we are prepared with waterproof calf length down coats and therefore can enjoy the sights and restaurants without crowds.

We started our morning with breakfast at a brasserie just steps from the hotel.  I had the 11 euro menu breakfast: a mocha, orange juice, croissant , French bread, butter lettuce salad and an omelet with ham and cheese. It was much more than I normally eat for breakfast but I figured we would be walking a lot today.

After breakfast we walked about a mile to the recently renovated Rodin Museum and Gardens. I'm not a museum lover, but I do like good sculpture, peaceful gardens and nicely restored old buildings, so this was manageable.

Lunch was at Pasco restaurant, on the way from the museum to our hotel, which was recommended by my sister Pat who had eaten there a couple of months ago. Photo attached.

After resting at the hotel, we braved wind & rain to the Eric Bompard store were Marge bought happiness - a cashmere scarf.  I could have bought a lifetime supply of burgers for the price of the scarf, but making my dearly beloved happy was worth it.

Dinner was bought at the bakery on Rue Cler, mere steps from our hotel: a mushroom quiche and the best Napoleon I have ever eaten.  The filling of the Napoleon was so rich thatit had the consistency of cream cheese so the layer didn't collapse when I stuck my fork in the crust.

After dinner, I wanted to get more steps, so we walked past the Eiffel Tower to the Trocadero across the Seine river to take photos of the Eiffel from an iconic location.  On the way we saw a Tesla taxi!

We were tired at the end of the day, having walked over 27000 steps, about 12 miles.


Thinking 
Marge's assortment of scallops and my skate fish

No comments:

Post a Comment